JOB POSTINGS Sts. Joachim and Ann Care Service
Street Outreach Case Manager
Overview: To deliver high quality outreach services to people in need on the street by making contact with them and beginning a relationship with the goal of removing them from the street. This full time position will require some weekend and evening hours and work will be done in St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren County.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- To make contact with individuals on the street or in other unsafe situations and deliver street based services such as counseling, emergency referrals, basic needs (e.g. food, blankets, or clothing).
- Escort clients to obtain needed services (medical, emotional, financial)
- Complete Vulnerability Index Service Prioritization and Decision Assistance Tool (VI-SPDAT) and other assessments for services as needed;
- Provide referrals for homeless individuals to access mainstream resources and other needed resources
- Provide support for individuals as they transition from homelessness to housing.
- Maintain accurate documentation of outreach logs; outreach reports, grant reports, progress notes, referrals, initial screenings and other program information.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other providers and work collaboratively with partner agencies to focus efforts on individuals most in need of services
- Maintain outreach vehicle in clean and good operating condition following proper policies and procedures.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Participate in team case management meetings, case review, community meetings and other team meetings.
- Evaluate the location and needs of the individuals served with the goal of informing the Outreach Supervisor to make program changes to meet newly identified issues.
- Be flexible to meet the changing needs of those served.
- Participate in the development of program resources for the population served.
- Perform manual duties, such as cleaning, preparing snacks and stocking supplies when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 1-2 years Street Outreach experience a MUST
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field
- Able to work effectively with individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Initiative, flexibility, and the capacity to respond effectively in all situations
- Proficient in written and verbal communication
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Requires being mobile for several hours and walking for long distances.
- This job will be performed outside of an office setting the majority of the time.
- Travel will be required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
No walk-ins or calls please. Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sts. Joachim and Ann Care Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer