Sts. Joachim and Ann Care Service has an immediate opening for a Grant Writer who will be primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to public funders, foundations and other grant-making organizations. This is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Development. The Care Service is a non-profit agency with a mission to serve those in crisis and to prevent homelessness and hunger in St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren counties.
- Develop and write grant proposals to public funders, foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicate the Care Service’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Identify potential funding sources using multiple web-based grant announcement systems.
- Coordinate with the Director of Development to make funding recommendations to Care Service staff members based upon the larger strategic vision of the organization.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including proposals and budgets.
- Coordinate with the Director of Programs to develop outcome measures and contribute to sustainability planning.
- Facilitate program development meetings between project staff members and, on occasion, community partners as the first step in responding to RFP’s.
- Assist the Director of Finance with information for the annual budget, including estimation of grant awards, and provide input on how the grants relate to the programs.
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letter of inquiry, proposal deadlines and reports.
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
- Analyze and report data collected from program surveys.
- Coordinate with Director of Operations to monitor compliance with contract agreements.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Job-related qualifications and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in public and/or private grant proposal writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field preferred.
- Excellent persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibit evidence of a successful track record in writing both competitive and relationship-based grant proposals.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, funding source identification resources
- Creative and critical thinking skills.
- An understanding of both formative (process) and summative (outcome) evaluation processes.
- Manage time and organize tasks with great attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to foster relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple high priority activities simultaneously while working in an open office environment.
- Proficient computer skills.
To apply, please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter describing your professional background
- Two grant proposals that you’ve written
- A representative listing of grants that you’ve won throughout your career
- Names and contact information of three professional references
Note that the subject line of your email MUST include the following phrase or your email will not be opened: Care Service Grant Writer 2017
Salary: $15-17 per hour dependent on experience
The Care Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Street Outreach Worker
Sts. Joachim and Ann Care Service has an immediate opening for a full time street outreach worker. This worker will deliver high quality outreach services to people in need on the street by making contact with them and beginning a relationship with the goal of removing them from the street. This position will require weekend and evening hours and work will be done in St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren County. More in depth information on the position can be found at this link: https://public.3.basecamp.com/p/A6CrjaLH5GNbXL2WnFgoCD3D
Social Service Worker
Sts. Joachim & Ann Care Service has an immediate need for a full-time (40 hours a week) Social Service Worker to provide comprehensive care for homeless children and their families in St. Charles County. Responsibilities include collecting basic intake information, data entry, clerical duties, utilizing assessment tools to focus on basic needs of homeless families, helping stabilize families in immediate crisis, establishing a long term plan for recovery, re-assessing and measuring success. This candidate must have experience with data entry, intensive case management, interviewing methods, case planning and documentation.
The following qualifications and skills are also needed: 2+ years' experience in case management is required. Experience working in a fast paced crisis intervention environment is needed. The candidate must exercise good judgment and use organizational skills in an evaluation environment, effective communication skills, verbally and in writing. A Bachelor's degree in Social Work or a like degree from an Accredited University is also REQUIRED.
Please put an email you check regularly on your resume so we can contact you.
No Calls or Walk Ins Please
Send resume to email@example.com
When submitting your resume please put "6364411302" in your subject line and also rename your resume attachment "6364411302" emails submitted for review without that information will not be opened.
The Care Service is an equal opportunity employer.